in Thayer, MO
You don’t have to live with a smile you’re not happy with. A beautiful smile is one of the most important aspects of looking and feeling your best. That’s why we offer general dentistry in Thayer MO, that will help you maintain your smile for a lifetime. We want you to feel confident when you flash your pearly whites.
Schedule a general dentistry appointment today at Thayer Dental Care. With the help of our doctors, dental team, and state-of-the-art dental facility, you can achieve your dream smile.
What is General Dentistry?
General dentistry is the branch of medicine concerned with diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases of the teeth, gums, and other mouth structures. It includes a wide range of services. General dentistry focuses on:
- The overall health of your mouth
- Your teeth, gums, and other tissues in your mouth
- Preventative dentistry
- Restorative dentistry
Preventative Dentistry in Thayer, MO
One of the services we proudly offer at Thayer Dental Care is preventative dentistry. Preventative dentistry helps you and your family maintain the health of your teeth and gums. This type of dentistry focuses on preventing dental problems before they start. Good oral hygiene not only means a healthy mouth. It also means you can avoid potential dental concerns in the future. Preventative dentistry is also the practice of helping you maintain good oral hygiene through at-home procedures. Preventative dentistry includes dental cleaning and exams.
At Thayer Dental Care, our dentists, Dr. Samir Patel and Dr. Chyrelle Blount, recommend that patients and their families visit Thayer Dental Care every six months for a dental cleaning and exam. A dental cleaning, a part of preventative dentistry, is recommended because during the six months when you do not visit the dentist, dental decay can build up on your teeth, making your teeth susceptible to several dental concerns. We help remove dental debris and decay from your teeth.
The second part is the dental exam, performed by our doctors and the dental team. After the dental cleaning, we will perform a dental exam to review the health of your teeth. We will look for dental concerns and recommend restorative dentistry if needed. A dental exam is recommended to keep your teeth healthy!
Another part of general dentistry is restorative dentistry. In this type of dentistry, we will help you renew your smile and eliminate dental concerns such as decay on the teeth or gums. Restorative dentistry can help repair your smile with procedures such as:
- Dental Crowns: A crown is a cap placed over a tooth. A dental crown can help protect a tooth from decay or damage. We can also use it to improve the appearance of a tooth.
- Dental Bridges: A dental bridge is used to replace one or more missing teeth. A dental bridge comprises two crowns placed on the teeth on either side of the gap. A dental bridge can help improve the appearance of your smile and make it easier to eat and speak.
- Dental Implants: We use dental implants to replace one or more missing teeth. A dental implant is a metal post that we place in the jawbone. Once the implant has healed, we place a dental crown on top of the implant. Dental implants can help improve the appearance of your smile and make it easier to eat and speak.
- Dental Fillings: We use a dental filling to fill in a cavity on a tooth. A dental filling can help prevent decay from spreading to other parts of the tooth.
General Dentistry in Thayer, MO For Optimal Oral Health
We know that every patient is different, so we offer various services to meet all your general dentistry needs. We also provide additional dental services, such as cosmetic dentistry and periodontal therapy. Whether you need a simple cleaning or more extensive dental work, we are here for you! We will work hard to help you maintain a beautiful smile that will last a lifetime.
Contact our office to learn more and schedule an appointment today!